|Dr. Hrusikesh Panda (IAS), writerHrusikesh Panda is a well known fiction writer of Orissa. Though he has established himself as a composite artiste, he is noted primarily as a major writer of fiction in Oriya, for his intense understanding of rural and ethnic myths and situations, bold and authentic handling of social themes, original imagery, passionate humanism, his command over Oriya diction and idiom, and the sheer brilliance.
Hrusikesh has published seven novels, eight collections of short stories and four plays. Besides he has written some essays on contemporary issues. He has made several short films, both feature and non-feature, for which he has composed the music.
His educational qualification includes: M.Sc. in Chemistry, Diploma in Social Work, MBA from Australia, and Ph.D. in English [Relationship between Society and Literature: A Study in creative writing].
He topped the Indian Civil Services Examination 1979 and opted for Orissa as his workplace. Most of his career has been devoted to work for the poor and the disadvantaged. He has also worked with the Govt. of India in the Ministry of Textiles and in the Indian Parliament.
Oriya literature Titles Published originally in Oriya
* Shun Sange Samayika Sandhi (1984) [A Temporary Liaison with Zero], Grantha Mandir, Cuttack.
* Harina Pithire Ajana Suryastaku (1986) [Unto the Unknown Sunset on the back of a Dear], Friends Publishers, Cuttack.
* Sunaputara Loke (1991) [The people of the Golden Village], Grantha Mandir, Cuttack.
* Subarna Dweepa (1994) [The Golden Island], Friends Publishers, Cuttack.
* Shruti 1994 (1995) [Shruti 1994], Friends Publishers, Cuttack.
* Hasa O Itihasa (1999) [Laughter and History], Friends Publishers, Cuttack.
* Dasyu (2002) [The Evil], Friends Publishers, Cuttack.
* Editor, Oriya short stories section, Masterpieces of Indian Literarature, National Book Trust, New Delhi, 1997.
* Contributor and co-editor of Oriya Poetics in Encyclopaedia of Indian Poetics, Sahitya Academy, New Delhi and UNESCO, ongoing project, 2009.
Short story collections
* Bahare Chhida Hoithiba Loka (1982) [The Man Standing Outside], Friends Publishers, Cuttack
* Rebati (1983) [Rebati], Orissa Book Store, Cuttack
* Rajaputra (1987) [The Prince], Vidyapuri, Cuttack
* Sahabdebata (1989) [The Sahib God], Friends Publishers, Cuttack
* Proudha Bhavana (1992) [ Adult Musings], Friends Publishers, Cuttack
* Shunyatara Paschatyaku (1994) [Undo the West of Nothingness], Grantha Mandir, Cuttack
* Bayaskanka Pain Sishu Kahani (1994) [Children’s Tales for Adults], Vidyapuri, Cuttack
* Miccha Khusi, Sata Dukha (2005) [False Happiness, True Sorrow], Friends Publishers, Cuttack
* Samagra Galpa Sangraha (Collected Stories Vol.1) Friends Publishers, Cuttack
(2008). Collection of stories from Bahare Chhida Hoithiba Loke, Rebati, Rajaputra, Proudha Bhavana and some unpublished stories.
* Sabdantara (1995) [Another Word], Arya Prakashani, Cuttack.
* 1799, Athaba Paanch Jana Ingrez (1996) [1799 or Five Englishmen], Arya Prakashani, Cuttack.
* Brahmarakshyas (1997) [The Brahmin Demon], Arya Prakashani, Cuttack.
* Vasco Da Gama (2000) [Vasco-da-Gama], Vidya Prakashani, Cuttack.
* Charoti Natak (2008) [Athena Books, Bhubaneswar] ISBN : 13878-81-895 93 – 39-1, A collection of above four plays.
* Arts and Crafts of Ganjam District, Grantha Mandir, Cuttack, 1984
* Ecological Issues In The Context Of Super Cyclone 1999: A Distinction Between The Intellectual And The Essential, NIT Rourkela, 2002.
Discussions on the writings of Hrusikesh Panda
* Hrusikeshiya Kathasilpa ( A critique of the prose writings of Hrusikesh), Editor: Prof Nityananda Satapathy, Istahar Publications, Bhubaneswar, December, 2006.
* Shunyase Samayik Sandhi, Translation Jagannath Chaudhury, Pushp Prakashan, New Delhi, 1994.
* Kunmun aur Anyanya Kahaniya, Translation Ram Krishna Sharma, Prasanti Publications, Indore, 2002.
* Subarndweep, Translation Radhakanta Mishra, Radhakrishna Prakashan, New Delhi, 2004.
* Hawks and Other Stories, Editor H P P Patnaik, Vikas, 1987.
* Unto an Unknown Sunset, Translation Dr. Lipipuspa Nayak, Vishv Vijay Prakashan, New Delhi, 1994.
* Raghu Granpa and other Stories, Translation Dr. Lipipuspa Nayak, Lucky Publishers, Berhampur, Orissa, 1995.
* Bonsai and other Stories, Translation Dr. Lipipuspa Nayak, Writers Workshop, Calcutta, 1999.
* A Report of the Starvation Commissioner, Translation of the story “Anahar Kamishanaranka ek report” by Himanshu Mahapatra in Indian Literature Mar – April 2006, Sahitya Academy, New Delhi, 110001.
* God Demon, Translation of Brahmrakshas, Translation Dr. Lipipuspa Nayak, published by Sahitya Academy, New Delhi, ISBN 81-260-2585-9.
* “A few broken and crumpled rhombuses,” in For your Eyes Only Vol.2, ed, Ana Monnar, USA, ISBN 0- 9768035-6-9, available at Amazon. co.
* Shyen Aru Anyanya Galp, Translation Keshab Mohanta, Anupam Enterprise, Guwahati, 1992.
* Zinnia Phul O Bando Kapat, Translation Swapna Sambhav Chudhury, Samata Prakashan, Calcutta 2.
* Sonaputer Manusjan, Translation Swapna Sambhav Choudhury, Shyamali Publications, 123/1/1, APC Road, Calcutta – 16.
* Hrusikesh Panda Avaryada Oriya Kathagalu, Translation Several, Karnataka Sahitya Vedike, Bangalore, 1994.
* Ezhu Kaartoonkalum Oru Vanna Ovlyamum, Translation Tamizh Naadan, The Salem District Contemporary Painters and Writers Association, Tamil Nadu, 1994.
* “Harina Pithire Ajana Suryastaku” has been translated into Tamil by Ms. G.Thilakvathi and published in INIA UDAYAM, January 2006 Issue under the title
* Chorus, Translation Ashok Tankasala, Dachepalli Hanumantha Rao & Sons, Secunderabad, 1994
Story, screenplay, dialogues, songs and music of the following TV feature films, documentaries and docu-films:
* Chari Sangata Katha [Tale of Four Friends] *
* Aau Dine [Another Day] *
* Reba [Reba] *
* Safasutura [Cleanliness]
* Bisudha Paniya Jala [Pure Drinking Water]
* Swasthya Raksha [Good Health]
* Lodhas: A Tribe of Orissa
Story, Screenplay, Songs, Music, Voice and Direction :
* Sahasradhara [A Thousand Streams] *
* Nua Geet [A New Song] *
* Ghar [A House] *
* Ghasa [The Grass] *
* Sanjukta *
* Vijaya Samman, Bhadrak Pujyapuja Samsad, 2009.
* Satabdira Kalakar Samman, 2007.
* Gokarnika Samman, 2007.
* Kabisurya Baladev Rath Sanskruti Samman, 2006.
* Sulekha Samman, 2005.
* Rajdhani Pustaka Mela Award, 2004 for the novel Dasyu.
* Rajadhani Pustaka Mela Award, 2002 for the play Vasco-da-Gama.
* Central Sahitya Academy Award, 2001, for Tamil translation of his short stories by poet. Tamizhnadan. This award was given to Poet Tamizhnadan.
* Padmashri LN Dube Award, Panipath, 2001.
* Phakirmohan Khyudragalpa Award, Utkal Sahitya Samaj, 2001.
* Natyabhusan, All India Play Festival, Cuttack, 1999.
* Best Play Award, National Short Play Festival, Allahabad, 1999.
* Dakshina Odisa Natak Mohatsav Puraskara For Best Play, 1996, 1997.
* Chandrabhaga Puraskara, 1995.
* Orissa Sahitya Academy Puraskara, 1995.
* Jhankara Galpa Puraskara, 1995.
* Bhubaneswar Pustak Mela, 1992
Village : Kalidaspur, Post Office : Narasinghpur,
Via : Betada, District : Bhadrak (Orissa)
|Zip Code :||756168|
|Phone No :|
|E-mail :||[email protected]|